Are you a migrant passing through Agadez/Arlit looking to eat? Do you need new clothes? Or else do you need shoes, soap, mosquito net to protect yourself from mosquitobites, etc.? Do not worry!
There are a few humanitarian organizations in Agadez that provide this type of assistance to people in transit.
In this article you will find all the structures that offer such items to people on the move in Agadez or Arlit.
Where can I find food at Agadez/Arlit?
The COOPI, Catholic Relief Services (CRS) and Médecin Du Monde (MDM) organizations provide food assistance to migrants, refugees, and asylum seekers.
- COOPI: the food assistance offered by COOPI is directed only to refugees and asylum seekers who live in the crossings.
For more information: you can go to COOPI's office located in the Jeune Cadre district next to the German cooperation office GIZ and CRS:
in the morning from 8am to 1pm
evening from 2pm to 5.30pm
- However, Catholic Relief Services (CRS) helps departing migrants, returned migrants and the local population through the Promisa project (a project to protect migrants on the migration routes of Agadez, particularly in Arlit and Agadez). Thanks to this assistance from the CRS, the person on the move receives a coupon to be presented to a supplier to be taken care of and access a multitude of items such as food.
In case of additional information:
In Agadez : the CRS office is located in the Jeune Cadre district not far from the German cooperation GIZ and COOPI.
In Arlit : the CRS office is located in the Tamisna district in the church grounds next to the city hall.
They are available to receive from Monday to Friday: 8am to 1pm in the mornings and 2pm to 5.30pm in the evenings
- Also, there is Médecin Du Monde(MDM) which provides assistance in food but intended only for migrants who receive medical treatment.
For more questions: the doors of the MDM are open from 8am to 1pmand 14h to 17h 45,Monday to Friday
What, then, are the structures that offer non-food assistance to migrants?
The NGO Catholic Relief Services (CRS) also assists migrants with non-food benefits. Apart from the CRS, other organizations such as the International Organization for Migration (IOM), the French Red Cross (CRF), the United Nations Refugee Agency (UNHCR) assist people in transit in Agadez with non-food items:
- The International Organization for Migration assists migrants who have registered for the voluntary return programme, by providing food and non-food goods (clothing, footwear, or cash).
Go to the IOM-Agadez center located in Dubai district:
from 7:30 am to 12 pm in the morning and in the evening from 2h to 5h30
- The French Red Cross: provides non-food support to migrants living or in transit in Agadez, through the distribution of hygiene kits and delivery kits (soaps, seals, bleach), mosquito nets, blankets, etc.
If necessary, you can go to the FIU office:
In Agadez, opposite the police station, on the pavement between the Total station and the wadata restaurant or in front of the Tinia Private Complex
In Arlit : in the Bouoki 1 district, not far from the MSF office
They are available to welcome you from Monday to Friday at the times below:
from 7:30 am to 12 pm in the morning and in the evening from 14h to 17h30
- Catholic Relief Services offers assistance in clothing, soap, shoes, and many other items according to the need of the migrant person.
In case of additional information: the CRS office is located in the Jeune Cadre district not far from the German cooperation GIZ and COOPI
In Arlit the CRS office is located in the neighborhood next to the city hall in the grounds of the church
They are open Monday to Friday from: 8am to 1pm in the mornings and 2pm to 5.30pm in the evenings
- The non-food items assistance provided by the United Nations Refugee Agency is intended for refugees and asylum seekers living on the humanitarian site.
You can go to the humanitarian site for more information:
UNHCR's humanitarian site is located in the Mai Adouwa district and opens only in the mornings from 8am to 1pm, Monday to Friday
For any questions:
- Contact us on our Facebook page info, Monday to Thursday from 8am to 5.45pm and Fridays from 8am to 1pm.
- You can also call us at these same times on our toll-free numbers 92 90 55 55 or 98 31 38 24